- Excellent holding power in nearly all bottoms including mud, sand, rock, and coral
- One of the easiest anchors to both set and recover
- A true Bluewater anchor
- Constructed of hot dipped galvanized steel, ensuring maximum longevity
- Stows easily on a bow roller
- All the other legendary features associated with the original CQR boat anchor
- Lifetime warranty against breakage
The Hinged Plow Boat Anchor (modeled after the original CQR) is one of the most popular anchors among bluewater cruisers. The hinged design, which can rotate over 70 degrees in any one direction, means that it is more responsive to wind and tide changes, making it less likely to unset.
The hinged plow performs well in most bottom conditions including mud, rock, and grass. Each anchor includes a trip line at the back of the anchor to allow for easier breakout. It stores easily on most bow rollers (and often interchangeably with a Delta anchor of the same size).
The CQR/Plow anchor is perhaps one of the most polarizing anchors available. While some are quick to curse it, often citing poor performance in comparative testing, the fact remains that many boaters swear by it above any other anchor. Originally patented in 1933, for well over it 70 years, it has proven itself in some of the most daunting conditions.
An old adage states "there is no such thing as a small CQR". These anchors struggle to have any performance with a weight under 26 lbs. This means that a 26 lbs Hinged Plow can only hold a boat up to approximately 26'. However, a medium sized Hinged Plow of 48 lbs can hold a boat up to 50', comparing favorably with other anchors.
All Norestar Plow Anchors come with a lifetime warranty against breakage.
Note: Plow Anchors cannot be shipped outside of the continental USA
Selecting an Anchor
Determine the size of anchor you need with our diagram and specifications. The specifications assume both an average boat weight and average anchoring conditions. If your boat is of above average weight, or you are anchoring in heavy current or winds, consider going one size up.
- Length (A): 32"
- Length (B): 13.75"
- Length (C): 15.75"
- Length (D): 25.5"
- Length (E): 29.25"
- Length (F): 12.5"
- Length (A): 36"
- Length (B): 14.25"
- Length (C): 19"
- Length (D): 28"
- Length (E): 31.5"
- Length (F): 11.5"
- Length (A): 38.5"
- Length (B): 13.75"
- Length (C): 21.5"
- Length (D): 29.25"
- Length (E): 32.25"
- Length (F): 10.25"
- Length (A): 42"
- Length (B): 15.25"
- Length (C): 23"
- Length (D): 32"
- Length (E): 35.25"
- Length (F): 14.5"
- Length (A): 38"
- Length (B): 22"
- Length (C): 26"
- Material: Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel
- Model: PLW-110GS: Weight: 110 lbs. Boats Up To: 90'
- Model: PLW-26GS: Weight: 26 lbs. Boats Up To: 26'
- Model: PLW-35GS: Weight: 35 lbs. Boats Up To: 32'
- Model: PLW-48GS: Weight: 48.5 lbs. Boats Up To: 50'
- Model: PLW-59GS: Weight: 59.5 lbs. Boats Up To: 65'
- Model: PLW-75GS: Weight: 75 lbs. Boats Up To: 70'