Human Resources Generalist
T-H Marine Supplies, LLC
Huntsville, AL 35824
- Job Type: Full-time
- Number of hires for this role: 1
- Bachelor's (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- Human Resource: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Human Resource Generalist
T-H Marine is looking for a Human Resources Generalist who will assist in managing the planning and organizing of all activities of the department including implementing and coordinating policies and programs to include recruitment, employee relations, wage and salary administration, new employee orientation, placement, benefits, employees services and other activities necessary carry out the Company’s human resource objectives and programs while supporting a high performance, self-management structure.
- Monitor, update and administer employee benefit enrollment, changes, and terminations.
- Responsible for the accurate, timely, efficient, and internally and legally compliant payroll process.
- Provides accurate and timely employee relations/engagement such as employee consultations, labor relations, employee recognition programs, and overseeing employee activities.
- Responsible for identifying, implementing, and continually improving efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on analysis of current and former recruiting trends and needs of the Company.
- Analyzes key data and statistics for trends and patterns and make recommendations for policies and activities to improve existing metrics.
- Assist in the development, interpretation, application and training of personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate, legally compliant, and internally correct human resource data bases, computer software systems and digital filing systems.
- Provide internal Human Resources expertise to managers and supervisors in the areas of performance management, organizational development, training and development of leaders and their teams to enhance cross-functional effectiveness and support Company initiatives.
- Support and coach managers to help them achieve successful resolution and accurate documentation of employee relations matters including complaints, investigations, performance issues, terminations and other areas involving management of legal risk to the company.
- Assist with the administration of compensation programs to include coordinating classification programs, writing job descriptions and completing local wage surveys.
- Maintains in depth technical knowledge of HR best practices, federal/state/local regulations and statutes, and company HR policies and procedures, ensuring they are fully considered before HR decisions are made.
- Maintain visibility, support, communication, and assistance to external HR Support at all locations
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Collaborates with site management to identify opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems, and to develop, prepare, and implement safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and documentation of items related to safety inspections, operations, and legal compliance.
- Immediately reporting any activity that could result in injury or harm to the Director of Human Resources so they can stop the activity.
- Manage the workers compensation process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least 2 years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
(or feel free to submit questions about the position to the same address)
Return to the T-H Marine Jobs Board Main Page